Our goal at SWU is to make this great game of soccer accessible to all families. We create a fun, safe, and all-inclusive environment for all our members. The true success of our club is its people. It is due to the dedication and passion of our staff, Board of Directors, volunteers and parent members that SWU has a reputation for being fun and accessible for children of all ages and skill levels.
SWU is one of the very few soccer clubs in the country to have been officially granted the pristine Canada Soccer Youth Club License. We are proud to be recognized in this capacity and work very hard to meet the highest standards to maintain our club license.
SWU’s primary goals in line with our National Youth License include:
1. Prioritize Fun
2. Emphasize Physical, Mental, and Emotional Safety
3. Provide Developmentally-Appropriate, High Quality Programs
4. Maximize Attraction, Holistic Personal Development, Progression, and Long-Term Engagement
5. Focus on Participant-Centred Decision Making
6. Foster Accessible, Inclusive, and Welcome Environments
7. Act as a Good Corporate and Community Citizen
As part of achieving these goals, we have chosen to partner with ProActive Health Group and Strive Fitness. Both of these resources are available right in our facility.